Saturday, January 7, 2023

And a New Year gets underway in the Blogosphere

Well, the new year is a week old today so I thought I'd post something just to meet that weekly posting goal.

Finished the year with 1,255 figures painted, a bit short of my goal of 1,500 but not bad.  Averaging 115 figures per month over 26 months is good.  Zebras are well underway, quagga are still getting textured before tufting. Hoping to get a good start, if not finish, my Seven Years War 10 mm generals and jaegers this month, prepped their bases today, in addition to finishing off the zebras.  Maybe more.


Besides trying to get at least one post per week, going to also try to include at least one photo per post.  In this case it is an image of a mat I acquired back in July at a convention in Clovis, California (for the benefit of veterans).  It is 'mouse pad' style mat at 4' x 6' or so.  Price was good, use was uncertain.  

Another project is to get my double-sided portable backdrop painted if weather permits.  Will use for photos which should improve getting photos put up here.


Get that backdrop done and I can do better photos than these "Grayrillas" - those fictionally violent gorilla-like beasts. These twelve come from Bluemoon, 9, Highlander Studios, 2, and Khurasan, 1 - think on the HS/K stuff, might be the other way around.  Will need to get some better lighting, too, obviously.

This is a view of my rearranged painting and modeling table - quite a mess at the moment but still workable.  All those containers with green cards are tubs of craft paint, 23 of them with a color group in each, like blacks and dark grays, or dark blues, etc.  The labelled containers above are tools.  And above that are hard to see tubs of various types of adhesives kept on hand.  The right top are figures waiting getting worked on, in this case Bluemoons 18 mm Musketeers.  On top of them is just some modelling stuff.  That mess to the top right is 10 mm miniatures, N scale craftsmen kits and other 'detritus' of a hobbyist - all needing to get cleaned off so I can work on my in-progress reworked model railroad layout.

Even in all that controlled chaos, I manage to get stuff done.  Get it cleaner and neater and I can get a LOT more done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment