Thursday, January 19, 2023

Exciting post? No. Progress post? Yes.

Prepare to be, maybe, unimpressed.  But, hey, progress is progress.

What you see above are two hundred (two boxes) of fender washers primed on the underside.  These will be bases for my Star Wars miniatures - well, about half of them, need just as many more.  Once I clean and prep figures they will be glued to the unprimed side and when the glue is dry, I will prime that side.
This shows the bases stacked for 'units', seven bases to a unit or 28 units worth of bases with some extras.  With two more boxes of washers I will have enough for 57 units since there are four left over bases from two boxes.  Some of my units will include integral heavy weapons with crew or maybe a grav-bike so need extra bases.  And will also need bases for the individually based Heroes and Villains, will need smaller bases for them..

Units will be in groups of 20 figures, six bases of 3, and one base of 2 command figures.  

I really need to decide how I will texture the bases as I get closer to working on painting figures.
And this little fur dude?  This is my buddy who goes by the impressive moniker of "Mister" Mellow Mooch-Master Meows-a-lot.  He keeps me company when I am working outside or in the garage.  I am not his human, his humans live in the house across the back fence of my neighbors.  So, I get the benefits of a feline friend without any of the responsibilities of being a pet owner.  I figure worth sharing because I read an article in the Electronic Newspaper (internet, duh) today about the scientific validation of the value of having a cat in your life.  Besides, he is just cool - "You want to pet me?  Well, okay, I will tolerate it for an hour or two, maybe three.  And I won't even give any thought to scratching you, neither.  Pet away.  I can take it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment