Monday, July 8, 2024

Some painted figures added and a small group of unpainted figures to prep

First up below are some painted Napoleonic era (I think) Marines that were painted to use with my pirates years ago. They got 'fired' by the pirates as being too out-of-period for their liking and, when hunting for a missing pair of figures - still hunting, I found these and realized they'd be a nice reinforcement for El Presidente.  The back story is that each of the recent predecessor presidents, in far too condensed a time, wanted a unit in a uniform of their own design so now there are four different uniforms for this better armed and better trained part of the presidential guard troops - which means they have a better shot at resisting those wannabe dictators who are not so loyal and have troops at their own disposal. 

Just another shot of the more formal presidential guard - and that Trevor toy that will be a steam traction engine and a presidential sedan from Peter Pig.
Photo below shows on top are a bunch of spare figures and below is a Bluemoon Frankenstein's Lab set that will get shoe horned into this collection somehow.  Hmm, I wonder if there is a suitable 15 mm Terri Garr and Madeline Kahn figure to match their characters in the Young Frankenstein film?  Now that would be fun.
I also found a set of figures I was unsure how I would use and I guess they fit best here - though they might work with my Robin Hood setup, maybe both.  Here is a photo link to the set at Khurasan:


She is the Witchqueen of Azerbai from the 15 mm Heroic Fantasy range, Cultist Brutes of Raum subgroup.

Also added in a bunch of spiders for the 'critters' side of things as well as 'huminals' which will represent humans infected with a disease that has them behaving like wild animals (both from Battle Valor Games, the spiders meant as shields, I will use them as largish tarantulas).

No comments:

Post a Comment