Sunday, July 7, 2024

Last of the Banana War figures ready for painting - I hope!

While it is possible that there might still be a figure or three somewhere about still in need of preparation for painting for my pulp Banana Wars, I believe they are all primed and ready now.  Lots of buildings and terrain to work on - and lots of painting to do, of course - but a major milestone nonetheless.  Note in the first image the two vehicles at the top, one on the left in operating condition, one on the right a crashed version.  Plans include a number of additional vehicles to be added, owned and generally in need of assembling but since the are not 'figures' but 'terrain' to me, they are not counted here, nor are the bits for trains.  There are now six boxes of figures ready for painting.

In the image above the leftists are on the left, the rightists are on the right - and each in the far corners are the wannabe dictators if they can only take over Conyuras from El Presidente.  But what is that in the center?  Certainly not a centrist.

But perhaps in some scenario a center of interest?  It is a Khurasan Sea Creature, the wavy water effect is from Weldbond.  And the dark green paint just seems more in order given my plans for the final coloration of the beast.


And for those happily awaiting seeing these figures painted - be patient.  I want to prep and prime my jousting figures and my Stone Age figures before I get going on painting.  But, when all is ready, I will have plenty of figures for several periods ready to go that should keep me 'in painting' for a good while to come.  And, ack, there is the possibility something might come to light that I'll want to add to my Banana Wars collection in need of purchasing.  Oh, the hazards we miniatures hobbyists endure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment