Tuesday, May 15, 2018

New Arrivals

So, received my latest order today - added in some structures for my FIW native villages and some more villagers and a Conestoga wagon just 'cuz.  Bought in the Blue Moon 15/18 mm Old West buildings, all of them.  They are Very Big and have lots of extra detail.  Won't really work with other manufactures products so it will be a 'stand alone' town I'm guessing.  Had been hoping to mix in with Peter Pig and Stone Mountain Old West buildings but not sure they'd work well together.  No matter, it will make a good size town - in numbers and physical size (heck, could easily use for 20 mm figures).

And the big influx was a whole bunch more structures for my Boxer Rebellion setup.  Only added one 'European' building for the British legation.  Got a whole bunch more ruins in various sizes.  And then lots of Chinese buildings, most of them I bought two of each.  My plan is to paint them in groups, green roofs, red roofs, yellow roofs, blue roofs.  Doing this partly to help with setup.  But also to disguise, a little bit, the duplications.  I also plan to paint each group with a slightly different base wall color, though I expect all will be some variation of off-white.

The big question is this: will I be buying more?  And, again, it depends on what gets made - a horse drawn hearse?  Yes.  More animals for the plains of Africa?  If I don't have them or I like them better than what I already have (even if painted), heck yeah - especially gazelles.  (Oh, baboons are now covered courtesy of a friend with a 3D printer, very cool.)  Old West chain gang.  Yup.  German East Africa?  Definite maybe.  A beautifully sculpted and complete range of Napoleonic figures?  Nope.  Hard to know for certain but, unless something fits within my existing collections, I can't really justify adding anything else.  So, I might be done!  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment