Saturday, May 12, 2018

E-Friending Some Photos

Below are some photos of a 15 mm building from MBA and then, finally, a comparison with a Blue Moon building from the Boxer range.
This is the main building interior, bottom level - note the stairs on the left.
This is the second floor in place with the stairs up to the attic.
And here is the attic floor which has warped a bit in storage so I've flipped it when putting it back in storage to see if it levels out.
And here is the roof without the cupola in place.
And here it is in place.
And, ta da, the building itself - note the little finial piece missing on the right which I have but need to glue back on.
And the real reason for all these photos - a comparison between the building on the left which comes prepainted from Miniature Building Authority (while supplies last I guess because they've announced they are leaving the 15 mm world) next to one of the buildings from the British Legation from Blue Moon and Old Glory25s.  That little ball on the tabletop is the missing piece mentioned above, carefully stashed back inside before putting things away after snapping the photos with the old iPhone.

I've posted the photos the way I did so people will be aware of the interior.  I may use this to represent the Hotel d'Peking in my developing Boxer Rebellion game.  And I must credit Richard G. of War in 15 mm fame for the idea.

Before ever putting this piece in a game - I guarantee - I will securely glue the cupola to the roof or too much chance of a fall and breakage.  This will also be my Musketeer headquarters building for games from an earlier time frame and a couple continents west of Peking, more or less.

1 comment:

  1. That MBA building is quite awesome!
    I have several of the WWII in 15mm. Too bad it’s being discontinued.

    ReplyDelete