Monday, April 1, 2013

The Great Heretical Utterance

I don't give a tinker's dam about "historically realistic" games.  Really.  So, full speed ahead and, damn it, torpedo that dam!  What I do care about is that the games I play in are fun.  Sure, I want them to look historical, I want them to feel historical, but - in the end - what I really want is to have a good time.  Simple as that.

Once upon a time I got on that historically realistic bandwagon.  But I jumped off, took a roll in the grass and jumped up on my feet.  And declared, with a strong and prideful voice, I play games with toy soldiers.  Then let out a great sigh of relief.

Okay, maybe I'm just entering my second child hood.  What's wrong with that?  Being child like without being childish is about as good as it ever gets.  Seeing the world through the eyes of a child is a great place of wonder.  Can't ever really get all the way back to that place but the closer we get the better our lives are.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment