Saturday, December 10, 2022

Some missed figures and some "added" figures

Well, I realized I hadn't listed a small group of figures that was 'out of sight, out of mind' when doing my tallies.  There are 15 figures representing my three versions of La, one of Tarzan's nemesis, and my Mata Scary and The Librarian (think as in the Mummy - but without any monsters or mummies in the mix) - and the accompanying figures on their bases. 

Then I did something I've been planning to do for a while.  I dug into the 'old' boxes of my Slightly Cracked Colonials and pulled out some units that I can use in the 'refurbished' variation - and then got reminded of some other figures that will be pressed into service.

First are seven units of native soldiers that will be allied to the Europeans, some nicely armed, some not so well armed.  These represent not only Askaris but soldiers from India and Indonesia and environs and even one unit of Chinese (refugees from the Boxer rebellion perhaps).  Then there are seven more units of Europeans mostly in pith/sun helmets and will be mostly German (sailors for one unit) and British but at least two units of Italians (Bersaglieri).  Most of the units are at 24 figures but some are 18 figures and that applies to both the Europeans and natives.  All of these are already based and primed for painting - but will get an additional coat of primer to color match other figures.

The 'reminded' figures are a bunch of porters and 'diggers', the last useful for archaeological digs - of which I will have several including some nice ruins to scatter about.  I might use the porters for my German East Africa setup since I already have 126 painted porters for this collection.  There are 36 porters and 36 diggers.  All of these need to be prepped and primed and bases prepared.

All told, that adds 399 figures to the 1,876 people so a new total of people is 2,275 (though might reduce by 36 if the porters aren't used as above).  Alas, the percentage of painted figures drops but I'm not calculating that again so soon.  Might be a bit demoralizing when I am making such good progress.  Oh, I also corrected the pygmy numbers in the previous post, pulled them out to texture their bases and was reminded that there were more warriors and fewer villagers.

Elephants now have textured and tufted bases and just need that final seal coat to be table ready!  Much too wet to do today.  Working on texturing the large group of wildebeest as well - that is a slog, seventy total bases.  

I am contemplating - no firm decision yet - on a goal of no less than one post per week in the pending new year.  And more and better photographs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment