Sunday, February 9, 2020

AWI progresses

Haven't been posting much lately but have been moving forward with miniatures.  Making some progress on a number of ACW units - essentially working to 'complete' the partially painted units after my grand reorganization and rebasing that got started last year.  41 units got rebased last year and there were another 24 that needed a few to 10 figures painted to match to meet the new standard 25 foot and 1 mounted figure for infantry.

Even greater progress with the AWI.  Recently primed 15 of 30 German infantry regiments, have ready 12 guns with their crews ready to prime, and primed all 18 of my German "Generals" which is one mounted man and one foot figure.  Now just to clean and prep the 15 foot units and the Germans will be ready for paint.  Then comes the 13 militia units which, when added to the Germans and the French and Spanish will get me to 60 primed infantry battalions.  Next up will be the 20 Loyalist units to be followed by the 8 Additional Continentals, 4 Extra Continentals, 2 Legionary Corps, and 6 light infantry battalions (or other way around) which get me to 100 primed and ready for paint foot units - plus whatever artillery and command figures I prep as part of the process.  That will only leave 45 British battalions and the Continentals proper, another 55 units to get to 200 total.  Oh, and then there is the British pioneer unit and the Continental Corps of Invalids.  Cavalry already primed with 4 units partially painted.

And I've started - at long last - building my German East Africa figures, last period I have any intention of adding to my collections.  So far, knock on wood, 2020 is being a decent year for productivity.  Plus I am committed to run an ACW game at a convention in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment