Sunday, December 15, 2019

Jungle Building Materials

From the top, a large piece from a Ross store cut into three pieces plus a trunk, then two Michaels bits - trees with faces that will lose their faces for my purposes, the three rocks from a set that also includes the 15 alike trees found at Walmart, then the three large (and perhaps too flimsy for use) rocks on the left that come from the same set as the 6 trees all alike, and then - finally - the 31 palm trees (there was one on top of the 'brown thing' in the background found at Ross store at a different trip.  Well, technically the two different sets of stuff from Walmart and Ross were actually three sets of stuff each for six total sets, or tubs.  See below for what the tubs look like.

I may take those 31 palm trees and use them to create ferns for the understory of my jungles.  For one, I have a plethora of palm trees I can use to enhance a jungle already prepped and more besides awaiting use.  And, two, I prefer jungles without palm trees for what I have in mind.  I should also mention that the 15 trees and the three rocks seen again in the photo below will at least in part be used to create accacia trees for my Plains of Africa set up with the rocks forming kopje.

This shows the 'brown thing' better which is actually the lid to the plastic tubs and it represents a bridge over a pit of some sort which I will adapt somehow into my games, the palm tree is not integral to the piece.  Actually, if you look at the gray rock above there are three indentations where three of those palm trees are meant to be 'planted'.  I like the rock forms but they are very fragile so I might try filling them with some expanding foam but that might not work since it might burst the hills. 

I bought three of these tubs at a Ross store.  Lots of dinosaurs but not of use for my purposes so they will move on to younger folk like some great nephews or to a local charity.

There were three of these found at Walmart.  

Yeah, I spent a bit by buying three of each of the two tubs but the yield of material to work with was pretty cool.  Somewhere I have even more raw material for building my jungle including smaller versions of the trisected plus trunk item at the top of of the first photo above, or as I've decided to call it: 'Jungle In Training'.

No comments:

Post a Comment