Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Aaargh!!

It took until yesterday until the figures made it into my hands but worth the wait.  I now have the last of my French and Indian War figures - the native villagers and the civilians from Blue Moon.  And from the same firm, a half dozen native huts and long houses to create a couple of villages.  Got a couple of buildings - something I will be getting a lot more of from same company.

And almost all of my Musketeer figures arrived.  A bit of an oops that is being remedied and once those arrive I will have them all.  Nice!  And many of these figures will have a variety of uses in other areas - things like the coaches and the civilian figures, especially the women.  Imaginations for certain.

Some more tents to round off my Robin Hood and Viking era setup.  And then there are some very nice barriers - meant for the Texas War of Independence (the Alamo) but quite useful in other ways.  And speaking of those TWI figures - MOUNTAIN MEN!  Yes, I can sort out at least two dozen figures that will work.  Now I just need some appropriate native figures to tumble into the mix!  And beasties, too.

Then there is the cavalcade - of wagons to add to my old west and, maybe, see some use in ACW actions.  And another set of Blue Moons wild west furnishings for inside buildings - really cool stuff there, the sort of things to make those who play with larger figures jealous.  I love it when that happens after all those years of us 15 mm folk feeling that way!

There may be more that I can't recall since my brain is tired but one little tidbit for you to consider - maybe by the end of the year there just might be some figures toting tommy guns and wearing fedoras climbing in and out of vintage conveyances.  Did I say anything about prohibition?

No comments:

Post a Comment