Monday, October 31, 2022

A New Adventure - of the "Hope"ful kind

 A variation of what is below was posted on 10/22/2022 to my Whiskey Hills blog but, since that is Old West and Pony Wars, I deleted that post and doing this one.

In September the wife and I took our adult niece for her first trip to Disneyland.  She had a good time and gave them, on a scale of 1 to 10, 101!  So, that made it worthwhile.  

I made a point of visiting the Star Wars area and ended up going back to buy two Imperial Walkers and a Millennium Falcon that are mostly made of metal with some plastic parts.  Below are some photos showing what I purchased:

A group shot.
To the left of the closer shot of the Falcon is a Minifigs colonial highlander figure to show scale.
One side of one of the walkers.
The other side of the other walker - still showing the remnants of the price tag, same thing on the other side of the other walker.  Working, carefully, to remove the tags - mostly gone, just a little adhesive residue to clean off.  Fortunately, the Falcon tag was on the bottom so less of a problem. The Falcon was $17.99 US and the walkers were either the same or $1 more.

As of today, 10/31/22, that purchase price is substantially higher because I've added and/or ordered a whole bunch of additional vehicles and figures - some in earlier posts here. LOTS of figures, and some scratch building bits and pieces.  Still waiting on a few more vehicles and the vast majority of the figures - though hopeful some might arrive today.

edit: forgot that I'd added, once received, the Sand Crawler from Hot Wheels:


Yes, it is a good deal smaller than it should be but big enough to keep me happy.  The local Jawas only went for the mini version.  That is a Rebel Minis 15 mm Sahadeen War Maiden for scale.  She, and the twenty similar to her that came with her, will be part of the smugglers and/or marauders in my games.

I will do some serious weathering on the Sand Crawler to improve its looks.

edit:  Well, at least I got the last of the War-Mart ships today - but no figures.  Here are the two tie-fighters and transport.  I like that one tie fighter is locked in firing position and the other isn't.  I also did a check for other Star Wars items from Hot Wheels and discovered my swap meet find on a similar stand is Yoda's Jedi Straighter - which makes it my new favorite model being a HUGE Yoda fan.  And it scales very nicely with these ships.  All of the ships are easily removable from their stands.  The ships are probably a little small compared to 15 mm figures but that also means they won't over-dominate the table if used in a game.  A bit more of a challenge with the transport but maybe it is a different transport than I was hoping for - a deep space transport rather than a landing craft for troops and/or passengers.

I did get an invoice from one the manufacturers of 'not Star Wars' figures which means I should have lots of figures inbound - and that I am, mostly, done spending money on this set-up.  May still be ordering some 3D printed items.  



No comments:

Post a Comment