Saturday, January 22, 2022

German East Africa status

Since losing access to the blog I have been busy.  Painted nearly or maybe a little over 1,700 figures.  Bought in a new 'scale' with 10 mm Vietnam, went all in from Pendraken, TimeCast, a bit from Miniature Figures, and a few 3D printed items purchased - especially some twin rotor helicopters.  Other than maybe some more buildings for an urban environment, should have all I need.

But my BIG project has been buying figures for the German East Africa World War One theater in 15 mm.  This has been possible because QRF Miniatures has gone in whole hog.  So far I have all the troops I need from India, for England and allies (Rhodesia, South Africa, etc.), King's African Rifles, Germans, and Askaris.  Just released are the Ruga-ruga, East African natives, and porters - just waiting for photos to be posted before ordering.  Next up are the Belgians and the Portuguese, hopefully in February.  And then comes something that thrills me - more animals for the African plains.  Then it is all about getting them painted.

Speaking of painted, I've painted most of my domestic livestock - lots.  Also, some more of my African animals.  And lots of the natives and a few other folk for the exploration era of Africa, or maybe a little mild "needle barely above 1" pulp sorts of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment