Saturday, June 22, 2019

Chicago Approacheth?

Well, I don't know if it will be Chicago but that is the 'intent' of the buildings - from Blue Moon's "The Night Chicago Died" range of figures and buildings.  So far, only acquired these six buildings:
Front left is the police station, then the Biograph theater, and then the cartage warehouse.  The theater marquee is a separate resin piece and can be seen sitting on the roof of the theater for now.
The Peoria street bordello, the store front and pool hall, and the police station again (by far the biggest building in the range).  The bordello's four upper floor stairs are separate resin pieces.
And then the bigger warehouse around back.
And the other side of the warehouse and the other buildings.  The bigger warehouse includes a separate water tank (in resin) with wooden stands and four supports (in metal) for the dock roof which, along with the dock, are separate pieces (in resin).  There is also a roof vent in metal.  All the roofs lift off.  

Only significant issue I've seen so far are the end walls of the bordello bend outward a bit but that should be an easy fix.

I'm thinking this may be enough for a game but there is the option to buy more buildings from the range and maybe expand it by exploring the buildings for London in the Horror range from Blue Moon.  

Buildings are big enough they would work with 20 mm, not just 15 mm.

July 5, 2019 Edit: I've gone ahead and ordered more buildings, some duplicates, so I will have a total of 18 buildings.  I've also ordered some more vehicles to go with what I've accumulated so far - I believe the total will be 38 (though perhaps more if I find suitable models).  Also ordered some more figures - the police and gangsters from Khurasan - and then some more Blue Moon figures to use as civilians, some will be duplicates and some of the extra figures will slot into other collections.  And if it weren't for an out-of-stock issue with one item from one order, I could say I was - more or less - done buying figures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment